Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018128
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking BE/BC Psychiatrist to join our Psychiatry Emergency Department Consult Service.
Join a team of psychiatry clinicians and licensed mental health professionals in a fast-paced role providing psychiatric evaluation and treatment to child/adolescent and adult patients in the emergency departments at the University of Minnesota Medical Center - West Bank and University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital in Minneapolis, MN.
This role will transition to the new EmPATH (Emergency Psychiatric Assessment, Treatment, and Healing) center at UMMC, slated to open in 2023. The EmPATH is an innovative approach to emergency mental health care designed to guide people safely through a current crisis while building skills that will support them through future challenges.
- Provide psychiatric evaluation and treatment to patients in the emergency departments at the University of Minnesota Medical Center and University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Possible shifts at the M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital EmPATH and telemedicine coverage for outlying hospitals throughout the M Health Fairview system.
- See new patient consults and follow-ups each shift.
- Consult on child/adolescent and adult patients.
- Collaboration with Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, Licensed Mental Health Professionals and RNs to develop a consistent standard of care to our patients.
- No call.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Psychiatry residency with preferred Emergency Psychiatry and/or Child/Adolescent Psychiatry fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified in Psychiatry and/or Child/Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Licensed or ability to obtain medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Must be credentialed to see children, adolescent, and adult patients.
We're proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
M Health Fairview is one of the largest providers of behavioral mental health and addiction services in the Upper Midwest. We offer a wide range of adult and child/adolescent services that includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, chemical dependency programs, and day treatment programs. In addition, our psychiatrists have access to consultation, collaborative management or referral with University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Physicians and Behavioral Healthcare Providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails! #UMP
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.