The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group is seeking physicians with chronic pain management experience for our Upper Marlboro and Baltimore, MD medical centers. The selected physicians will provide medical management of all types of chronic cancer pain, as well as implement and expand the Comprehensive Chronic Pain Management Program for the DC-Suburban Maryland service area. We are seeking enthusiastic physicians with strong leadership traits to engage their colleagues in a large multi-specialty network at Kaiser Permanente to manage patients with complex chronic pain.
- An interdisciplinary, outpatient-based pain management program offering a broad spectrum of treatments and procedures.
- Development of pain rehabilitation team comprising of interventional pain physicians, pharmacists, case manager, addiction specialists, acupuncture/alternative medicine, pain psychology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, interventional radiology, etc.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary pain team to deliver comprehensive pain assessments and treatments, provide consultations to primary care providers and specialists regarding pain management, and provide medical assessment and treatment for patients with chronic cancer pain.
- Perform basic musculoskeletal assessments and provide recommendations for opioid or non-opioid pharmacologic therapy for patients with chronic pain.
- Use evidence-based strategies to help manage and/or taper patients on high dose opiate therapy and to prevent member misuse and abuse of controlled substances.
MAPMG offers a satisfying practice without the hassles of running an office and freedom from insurance billing. We have an integrated EMR system, which includes PACS (with remote access) and an excellent team approach to providing care. Our physicians can expect extremely competitive compensation, 100% paid health and dental insurance premiums for themselves and their eligible dependents, as well as 4 weeks of vacation and 9 paid holidays. Multiple retirement plans are offered, including a 401k (5% salary contribution) and vested pension plan after 5 years of service.
Living and working in the Mid-Atlantic Region offers you all of the convenience of two major metropolitan areas with easy access to the Chesapeake Bay, Shenandoah Mountains, and Atlantic Ocean. The region is great for families: the local public schools are considered among the finest in the country. Best of all, you are just minutes away from the cultural, historical, and entertainment venues of our nation's capital.