Care Planner – CCT
- Long Beach, CA
- Telecommute 50% of the time
We are actively seeking to hire a Care Planner CCT to provide transition care management to frail, economically disadvantaged, culturally diverse, older adult and disabled adult populations, in order to help them transition from a nursing home setting to the community and to help them remain safely and independent at home.
- Provide excellent service to assigned clients by conducting assessments in the nursing home, care planning, and client monitoring through contacts with the client, professionals and client’s support system.
- Provide support to clients to continue living safely and independently at home by coordinating linkages with community-based services and resources.
- Maintain legal and clinical written record of each client’s case by completing all necessary documentation in a timely manner. This includes; assessment, care plans, service arrangement, and client monitoring through progress notes.
- Ensure timely implementation of services for clients by completing all work within required timeframes.
- Address client’s needs by developing and implementing a comprehensive care plan specific to client’s objectives and goals, with a plan for resolution within a measurable time frame and appropriate interventions outlined.
- Ensure coordination of services and continuity of care by maintaining on-going documentation of contacts with client, family and caregivers, service providers, health professionals, and others connected to the client’s care.
- Maintain effective communication with the other disciplines working with client, provide feedback on the psychosocial aspects of a client’s situation and offer informal training to fellow care planners and staff in other disciplines.
- Maintain accurate purchase of service records by completing accurate and timely monthly service authorizations and verifications to contracted vendors and following contract guidelines for service expenditures.
- Increase knowledge of care planner functions, by keeping current on Medicare and Medi-Cal policies, Federal and State legislation affecting health and social services, maintaining updated community resource information, attending trainings as scheduled, actively participating in supervision and striving to improve professionally.
- Help to maintain census and provide excellent customer service in the community by participating in ongoing outreach activities.
- Participate regularly in Quality Assurance chart reviews, completing other audits as required, helping to train new employees, participating in training sessions, and responding positively to suggestions for improvement.
- Participate in staff meetings, case conferences, committees, training team, employee recognition, supervision, and by working in collaboration with other employees.