Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 80 programs and over 2,500 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As Part of the Telecare Family Telecare Sierra Vista ACT serves 50 adults, ages 18+, diagnosed with a serious mental illness. Most services are community-based.
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Under supervision of the Administrator, the Social Worker/Clinician provides clinical and casework services to persons served and natural supports. This involves person centered recovery planning and collaborating with other services and agencies.
- Masters of Social Work or related field
- Criminal justice clearance and education verification are required.
- Ability to assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior
- Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Requires CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid, must receive training within 30 days of employment and remain current on those trainings throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- Licensed as LCSW, MFT, LPC, MFTi, ACSW, PhD, or PsyD (or license eligible)
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting preferred.
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Works with persons served and multidisciplinary treatment teams to design, implement and evaluate the Recovery Plan
- Under clinical supervision, establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with persons served.
- Assures provision of needed clinical services to assigned persons served. Coordinates ongoing treatment within the program and with outside agencies.
- Provides individual and group therapy.
- Documents all treatment provided in a thorough and consistent manner.
- Collaborates with other staff in the discharge planning process and makes linkages to community services for persons served.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and recovery planning meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of de-escalation techniques, crisis communication and management.
- Serves as a clinical consultant to the recovery team persons served.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Ability to complete social histories, risk assessments, mental health status exams and plans of care.
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, nurses and rehabilitation therapists
- Ability to form a therapeutic alliance with persons served and families
- Sufficient medical knowledge to assess the needs of persons served, skills in conducting group therapy and the ability to advocate for the persons served in other health delivery systems.