| This highly qualified individual is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of Nursing/Clinical Care Services within the community. To achieve this, they ensure competency of all Clinical and supportive staff and provide 24 hour direction, oversight, support and guidance for all residents living in Comprehensive Care/Heath Care. They have full accountability and responsibility for all clinical operations and supervise the highly individual care needs of our residents. Ultimately, the Director of Nursing is responsible for (i) assuring the development of an exceptional Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, which is the blue print of when, how, and who is to provide excellent resident care on a daily basis, (ii) making changes to the care plan when a resident's condition changes and (iii) implementing this plan assuring the highest standards of care. They develop, teach, mentor and work with their team to create a truly extraordinary care experience for the residents and a rewarding and enriching experience for the staff. They may screen, hire, manage and evaluate all assigned unit staff and develop and maintain the clinical operational budget, including purchasing supplies and equipment. Ensuring state and federal regulatory compliance is a major responsibility. They also ensure compliance with INTEGRACE clinical standards, protocols and policies and functions as a member of the INTEGRACE community including participating in and/or chairing committees at INTEGRACE meetings. They maintain performance improvement activities within the department and actively participates in and monitors these activities. Finally, they have the privilege of working with a top notch team of professionals and wonderful medical staff and will take their place as a highly respected member of the community executive management team. |
1. Effectively coaches, directs, leads and supports all clinical services colleagues
2. Collaborates with Administrator and/or Executive Director in identifying education and development needs of clinical service colleagues.
3. Oversees recruitment of colleagues.
4. Works closely with PEAK to identify creative recruitment programs and ensure safety, EEO and Benefits Administration standards are met.
5. Completes department's annual goals, objectives and operating budget, including justification for FTE changes and explanation of salary and other expense fluctuations. Pro-actively manages staffing levels to increase productivity, while operating under budgeted salary expense. Meets budgeted revenue and/or meets budgeted expenses.
6. Provides proper education in the use of supplies and equipment and maintains appropriate documentation standards.
7. Determines product and equipment needs and provides effective control for all inventories and supplies.
8. Keeps abreast of new product information for both supplies and equipment.
9. Monitors incident reporting and provides follow-up, as needed.
10. Provides oversight to colleagues in Medicare documentation to assure accuracy in coding and reimbursement.
11. Initiates and provides ongoing resident contact and provides support and education to families regarding their journey and concerns.
12. Develops colleague efficiency in utilization of monitoring tools to measure resident outcomes for nursing services.
13. Initiates audit process to evaluate appropriateness of documentation to assure required clinical practice standards are achieved and exceeded.
14. Monitor infection control procedures and practices.
15. Makes continuous rounds to assure quality care is provided.
16. Oversees long term care regulatory compliance and initiates a leadership role in the survey process.
17. Provides opportunities to advance supervisory staff knowledge in leadership, management and clinical areas.
18. Acts as the liaison to the medical staff to maximize service delivery to resident community.
19. Provides oversight to all staff using AOD and monitors to ensure they are using AOD consistently and correctly.
At Integrace, we believe that each person is a gift, and graces us with their unique talents, passion, and calling. And we believe that we exist as an organization to create community, where relationships can grow and deepen, and where meaningful life and work is possible for everyone. In short, we believe that when people are connected to each other in relationships, given access to what feeds their soul, and have the opportunity to contribute to a purpose larger than their own, meaningful life and work happens.